When attempting to remove a namespace server from a domain based DFS namespace, you receive the following error: –
This issue is caused due to an inconsistency with the namespace server list maintained in Active Directory.
- Using adsiedit.msc, locate the DFS namespace object under the System\Dfs-Configuration container in the domain partition.
- Open the properties of the DFS namespace object and locate the remoteServerName attribute
- Edit the remoteServerName attribute and add the path to the namespace server and namespace folder you are trying to remove, for example \\SERVER\FOLDER
- Save the object and allow for Active Directory replication time to the domain controllers in the site where your DFS management console is running from
- Attempt to remove the DFS namespace server again